Sunday, October 2, 2011

I am going back to a new type of family.

So I have been back on the camp for almost a week and it is like I never left for almost three weeks. I just jumped back into work, talking with people singing at church and going to the gym (although that was harder than the rest). I let off my last post talking about how it felt when my sisters left, I got homesick really, missing my family missing America. It was difficult but this time it past much more quickly.

Having someone (my friend in Italy) who completely understood what I was going through meant more to me than anything. She understood my need to relax but still hang out and my feeling even if I didn't voice them the right way. It was exactly what I needed before coming back here. At first I was kind of dreading it, because of how things were just a couple weeks before I left. But then as I was heading back here I realized I was a little excited to come back, to see my deployment family. As much as this place can be dreadful at times we are all in it together and there are those that do look out for each other. I was excited to see them again to sit outside and chill and hang out. It was weird to be feeling that way but you do make a family out here, one that can commiserate when times are bad and the food sucks.

I was ready to get back to the life that has now become normal. Walking around with a weapon, always wearing the same thing and putting my hair in a bun. I'm not going to say it is a great life it isn't but it has become normal. As soon as I put back on my uniform after r and r I Rees he'd for my weapon. I felt like I was constantly missing something until I picked it back up from the safe it was in while I was traveling. There was something comforting about getting back to normal. I was also extremely thankful that I came back to Much less drama though.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment