Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When I travel here I don't miss my bed

                I was traveling this last week and during my travels (which I’ll Blog about as well)  I didn’t wish to be back in my own bed.  This is not because of the size of the room but rather the comfort of the mattress I sleep on.  I guess I figured they were all the same over here, boy was I wrong.  I have always been thankful for by bed at home.  In fact ever since law school when I got a new mattress that was pillow top I love just laying in my bed, and then about a year ago I bought a new Queen size bed that was pillow top and it was wonderful.  But that’s not to say that I can’t  sleep on other mattresses  I can.  During training I slept in a hotel for most of the time when we were in Charlottesville, and then in the Barracks during BOLC.  I can sleep other places but I do and have always appreciated my bed.  Now I appreciate it even more, but mostly I realized how much the mattress in my room really just sucks.  I slept in large room tents and right outside were the showers and toilets and the smell radiated through the tent, it was overwhelming, I slept better there than in my own room because the mattress is so uncomfortable.  That makes me miss my bed from home and so thankful for it, honestly I would be thankful for room on the floor to sleep on at this point.  So as soon as I came back to my camp I got online and ordered a mattress topper from amazon.com and I will be so thankful when it gets here, maybe then I will be able to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment