Sunday, June 12, 2011

Calling This Place Home


So I have been in country about 4 months and I have had to travel a few times away from the base where my office is located.  I have found that I now miss “home”  the home that I have created here at Camp.  I didn’t think especially at the beginning that I would be able to make this place home, to really feel like this is anything more than a temporary environment that I had to put up with but honestly it is starting be be comfortable for me.  I found myself this last time saying, “man, I can’t wait to get home.”  I was talking about this camp not America.  Don’t get me wrong I that is still real home but it am getting comfortable here at least.
I have got my room (although it is still very small) into someplace that I can enjoy for periods of time.  I don’t want to be in there all day but I don’t hate being in there, and I don’t have a terrible time sleeping.  In fact I think I have adjusted to not having a window in my room as far as sleeping goes, I didn’t realize how early the sun rises here.   My office, well it still needs some adjustments and I am working on getting things organized in it, but it is someplace that I can go and work or talk to family on my computer and even just relax and watch T.V. or a movie.  
Finally I have a pretty decent routine as well, I am getting up, going to work, and have people to eat with, I got to the gym most weeks about 5-6 days a week and I hang out at various times on the deck in front of the PX.  We have Karaoke Saturday nights, so normally a group of us go there and hang out, the singing leave a bit to be desired most of the time but it’s not terrible, most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment