Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Reminder of Why I do What I do


So for the second time I road in a Blackhawk at Night.  That is a very cool experience.  This year for the 4th of July I was traveling back from Kuwait back to Afghanistan not a very eventful or exciting day, in fact sadly I almost forgot that it was 4th of July, a day to celebrate America’s freedom and independence.  Last night however, the 5th I was getting back to my home base and I flew back in a Blackhawk, it was being flown by a pilot who I helped with some stuff and so right before I was getting in the hawk he got out and presented my a flag that he flew in a Blackhawk in my honor to thank me for my help.  It was very cool and reminded me why I am here doing what I am doing.  I am doing this so that others can get back to their jobs and continue to defend and serve and do their jobs.  After a rough week it was exactly the reminder I needed to keep me going.  And riding in the helicopter at night looking down on the area was amazing seeing everything so close from that angle, to see the area and the homes it reminds you why we are here fighting a reminder that I can help to give others a piece of mind so they can get back to the fight.  I do what I do because I enjoy helping others and I feel strongly that EVERYONE deserves someone on their side.  Thank for the reminder and the flag that will hopefully continue to remind me for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment