Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things to be Thankful For



I haven’t posted something related to me being thankful in a little while and I apologize for that,  it is not that I am not thankful but simply I haven’t made the time to type it out.  I will be honest, part of that has been that I got my IPAD2 in the mail this week and I have been doing a lot of playing on it as well as seeing all the cool things I can do with it for work as well.  It is all playing.  I have also been pretty busy in the office.  The other two people in the office were traveling this week so I have been covering the whole office plus I have just had more work to do, which is something to be very thankful for.  At least for me I am thankful because it is making time pass and I feel useful.  

So I have a several things to be thankful for, and this week I have been very thankful for getting more involved with other things going on around here.  I received some very good advise from a wise woman to not let myself get too inwardly focused, because that is easy to do here, but to find ways to be outwardly focused.  I have been working on that.  One thing I did last week was work with Operation Outreach Afghanistan, this week was more difficult to do because there was no one to cover the office, but it was nice to get packages together for Afghan children for others to take and give out.  I will be going and getting more involved in that.  

I have also, as i have talked about before stated singing in the praise band for the church service  I go to and that has been a lot of fun and really an amazing time.  I am not an amazing singer but  I can carry a tune and it is nice to help others prepare and worship.  And I am thankful because there are a few things that go on around the post and I have started attending some things to get out with a few people I’ve met here and I have been meeting more people.  I have a while before I get home and so I plan to make the most of my time here.  I am thankful that we are all in similar situations so that we can all be comrades and friends no matter how different we are.

I have so much more to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment