Sunday, September 25, 2011

First part of my r and r

Wow, what a needed break! Having some time in civilization traveling away from green uniforms and weapons is nice. People aren't always on high alert and it is nice to just sit in a cafe and relax and take as long as I want eating and just sitting there. It has also been nice to put on civilian cloths and look like a real girl. I've done a little shopping too, I had to I put on my clothes that I had for the trip and they we're all too big. It was a good problem to have though, I'm not complaining.



We have honestly just toured around seen different sights and over all had a great time. Of course anytime you get the three of us together two things are guaranteed, we will laugh a lot, and we will fight some. We did both, but the fighting wasn't bad and it was over quickly.

It is different taking a trip like this in the middle of serving in afghanistan, I mean seeing things like grass and trees has been great, seeing buildings with color rather than the drab beige that we have is beautiful, and kids playing and people walking their dogs is something I didn't know that I missed but I did.



One of the hardest parts about this trip for me was, this was for my sisters, a trip away from their families and kids so they talked about missing them and being sad and there were tears for them. What I'm not sure they understood completely was this was my trip with my family so it was some times difficult but not bad by any means just a different understanding at times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment