Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankfulness is uplifting!


   Been a couple of days since I posted, not because their aren’t things to be thankful for, just got busy and didn’t spend much time writing, well busy relative to what I have been so I got distracted.  My sister blogs and she schedules times during her day in order to be sure that she blogs, I think I should probably do that, that way I would makes sure to get something up every couple of days.  But don’t hold your breath, I am not a regimented person when it comes to stuff like that.  But anyway this is about what I am thankful for.

                I am thankful for being on a instillation with a lot of different nationalities, although for the most part we stick with our own country there are times where I have spoken to others.  Most recently I talked to a Soldier from Romania, he has a very interesting story and I am thankful for the opportunity to meet him.  Less than a year ago he was in a horrific plan crash where everyone else died, he was the only survivor.  All the others were from his unit as well.  After 3 months in the hospital with a broken back and a mess up leg he started to heal and he is here less than a year later.  I was humbled by his story.  Wow was all I could say.

                I am thankful for the nice weather, many of us have been reading the news and hearing reports of the horrible storms going through the South and are praying for the safety of loved ones and hope those who lost everything are getting the support they need to put their lives back together.  I am thankful that with the other things here to worry about we are not worried about those types of weather concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment