Thursday, April 21, 2011

Things to be Thankful For!

Things to be Thankful for!
So my sister did 30 days of thanks in November and I was thinking about that the other day as I was writing about being in a funk.  One way to get out of that funk is to look around and realize just how much I have to be thankful for.  So for the next while I am going to write one things a day (well I'm going to try a day but there might be times that I don't get it up here or that I don't have access to the internet)  that I am thankful for.  This will be things that I have here, not something that I don't have that I am reminded how much I'm thankful for that convenience at home but things that I am truly thankful for here.  Some times it might just be a short sentence or statement and others I might expand more it is all in if the mood hits me.  I'll put other posts in-between as well.  But I need to focus on the great things I have right here in front of me.

So to start things off, today I am thankful for in door plumbing.  Not everyone in country or even on this base can be thankful for that because some have to leave their buildings or huts to go to the bathroom.  Our office for instance doesn’t have plumbing so I have to go to the DFAC to use the restroom during the day.  But at night I don’t have to go outside to shower or use the bathroom.  If I come back after being exhausted from working out at the gym I don’t have to motivate myself to gather all my stuff and go outside to shower.  If I wake up in the middle of the night and need to go to the bathroom I don’t have to get everything together and walk outside I can just walk right down the hall.  It is a truly a blessing and honestly a luxury here.  So today my thing I am thankful for is bathrooms I don’t have to go outside to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment